Sunday, July 8, 2012

Getting My Groove Back

No, this isn't about finding some hot young thing to corrupt like the movie.  I finally feel like I'm getting the hang of juggling all the things that need my attention these days.  Last year when I started this blog I was a stay at home mother.  I cherished the entire time I was able to be there 24/7 for my first born.  I am blessed to have a supportive husband that enabled me to do so.

This year I've come across a whole new set of challenges.  In the past 8 months we've relocated to a new state.  I now call WA my home.  I started working full time again.  We also bought a new home in an area I want to settle down in.

The newest challenge is that I'm currently a single parent.  That's right, as a military spouse it's more common for the spouse to hold down the fort while the other one is away.  It's been a tough time so far but I'm looking at this as preparation for the bigger deployment later.  There were things I relied on my husband before that I didn't factor in.  All the "guy" stuff like mowing the grass, keeping the car maintenance, washing the car, taking out the trash, or being Mrs. Fix It.

Here's to all the mommies out there that wear multiple hats and still wear a smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...