Saturday, August 3, 2013

Aches and Pains

I've heard from plenty of moms with multiple children that each pregnancy is harder on your body.  All the aches and pains come a bit earlier because your joints and muscles are already loose from your first pregnancy.  Simply, they were right.

Maybe, it wouldn't have been so bad if I had children at a younger age or I was in better shape.  Yep, I'm sure both would make the difference.  Unfortunately, I don't fall in either of those categories.  I'm turning 37 this December and I'm twenty pounds heavier than I was before I became pregnant with my first child.  Trust me when I say that I'm not proud to admit either of those facts.  I could go on and on reminiscing "When I was younger..." or "When I was your age..."  My only consolation is the Asian in me helps me look younger then I really am.  I still get guesses that I'm in my 20's.  Those don't come as often anymore but when they do I'm smiling from ear to ear for the rest of the day.

This pregnancy I've just been so achy in my lower back and pelvis. I just started my 27th week and I don't remember being this uncomfortable.  I don't recall being as much in pain until I was past 30 weeks the first time around.  This time I'm just counting down the days until this child pops out.  I'm at the point where rolling over in bed is a comedy act.  When I stand up after sitting for a long time I need to do a little shimmy to move my pelvis around.  Falling asleep and staying asleep is about as obtainable as winning the lottery.  Walking around short distances leaves me gasping for a deep breath.  What happened to the nostalgia I remembered from my last pregnancy.  I even uttered the words "I loved being pregnant!"  Now I keep thinking "What was I thinking?!?!"  I'm happy and excited about having number two but I'm just not enjoying this pregnancy as my first one.  Did you feel the same? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...