Monday, July 9, 2012

Breakfast

I'm all for my child eating a healthy meal.  I encourage lots of fruits and sneak in as many vegetables as possible.  Breakfast is another meal that can turn into a fight.  Think about typical breakfast items, eggs, toast, bacon, pancakes, cereal, milk, and orange juice.  The main part of the meal is a carbohydrate.

So would you fight with your toddler to make them eat cereal and milk instead of crackers and milk?  I did until I really thought about it.  Why start the day with a tantrum when my child will still eat a carbohydrate made from whole grain wheat with less sugar than the cereal?  Shrug.  Some days I figure as long as she's still eating relatively healthy than I'm happy.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...