Thursday, January 26, 2012

Sleep Please Come Back

I'm starting this day with a significant lack of sleep and I don't know what happened. For the past two months I have been working with her during bedtime for the process to go quicker and smoother. I knew that I was eventually going to return to the work force and at the time I didn't know what shift I would be gone. I wanted to remove all the "mommy have to haves" before I started working.

We got to the point that she was no longer nursing, sleeping in her toddler bed without a fuss, sleeping over 8-9 hour stretches and no extra interventions needed besides a kiss good night. Now, I start work next week and everything has changed. She's waking up multiple times during the night, throwing a fit for the boob and not falling back asleep. I don't think there are any signs for her to "know" I'm going back to work. Our daily scheduled hasn't changed. I wish I knew what to do to fix this. It's hard enough staying home without enough sleep. I can't function at work like this.

Signed - Sleep Deprived

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...