Monday, July 9, 2012

Potty Time

Potty training isn't easy.  You might be nodding your head or thinking "duh".  Now that my daughter's a semi pro at the potty training business I wanted to share with you what worked the best for us.  I tried two different portable potties and two different toilet seats.  I first tried using a gimmick. My daughter loves everything pink, Dora or princess themed and I thought it would help the process.  Initially, the gimmick worked whether it was from the color or the decorations she wanted to sit on them but not for long.  Those potties weren't comfortable and even with padding the shape left indentations on her skin.  Who would want to sit on something painful and scary?

What worked the best were the products from BabyBjorn.  I started out with the potty chair and added the toilet trainer.  There are no edges to cut in her bottom.  The opening was small enough for her bottom to be supported and not falling out in the middle.  I also love the splash guard for male guests to use too. Which potty does your toddler use?  Did you go through a few before finding one that worked the best?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...