Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Who Knew?

It's getting better and better!  What a relief!  Last night was my third night weaning Izzy from the middle of the night feeding. You can read about the first and second nights here.  She was asleep by 9pm and had a little bit of trouble settling down for the night.  She woke up for less than 5 minutes at 11pm and ended up falling back to sleep before I even got to the rocking chair.  It was close to 3:46am that she woke up again.

At 3:46am she came into our room and quieted right down as soon as I picked her up.  After a diaper change I laid back down with her and rubbed she back but otherwise didn't engage her.  This time it was a little harder for her to fall asleep but she never cried or asked for the boob.  She just laid down and watched me.  I must have dozed off because the next time she woke up was at 6am.  By that time I heard my hubby getting ready for work so I figured that's what woke her up.  So I let her nurse at 6am like I did yesterday.

If I don't count that short wake up at 11pm, she's already sleeping for longer and longer periods of time since I started weaning.  She hardly cried like she did that first time, just when she initially woke up.  To my surprise she didn't ask for the boob all night even though she was having trouble falling asleep.  I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!  If this keeps going in a positive direction I just might make my goal of weaning her before her birthday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...