Monday, August 15, 2011

What? No Screaming?

Last night was my second night at weaning Izzy from the middle of the night feedings.  I tried to judge what horrors I would be facing based on the first night and from other mom's experiences.  I figured that I would have to face up to a week of murderous crying and sleepless nights.  To my pleasant surprise it wasn't half as bad as I geared myself up for.  Right before bed I made her a blueberry smoothie, read her a bedtime story and nursed her.  She went to bed around 8:15 pm with no problems and didn't wake up again for SIX hours.  That's right she slept for SIX hours!  The longest she's ever slept in one sitting was 5 hours and even those are random.

Even when she woke up she just whined a little bit.  The only thing I had to do was hold her and rub her back while I was sitting in the rocking chair for about 25 minutes and she was OUT!  No crying, no screaming, no kicking her legs on the floor or any other tantrum because I didn't give her the boob.  Even when I said no to her requests she just settled down.  I am SHOCKED!  She stayed asleep for another 90 minute before waking up again.  This time was a little harder to settle her down and ended up laying down with her on my stomach.  Again, I stuck to my guns and no feeding.

It wasn't until around 5:30-6am and I finally let her nurse.  So that still counts, right?  The only downside was that it took me longer to fall back asleep each time I put her down.  I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop that never happened.  I'm hoping for a similar outcome tonight.  Make that I'm praying for a similar outcome tonight.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...