Thursday, August 18, 2011

That Blasted Chair

Man, I am SO tired this morning.  Last night was the fifth night I've been trying to weaning Izzy from nursing in the middle of the night.  I think the second night was a fluke since each night after that I've had to sit in the rocking chair for her to stay asleep.  I seriously feel like I did when she was a new born and was nursing every two hours.  I would sit in the rocking chair and end up falling asleep there with her until the next feeding.  Which meant that I would end up staying in that chair all night.  I'd wake up with a numb butt, sore neck and back.

That's what last night felt like.  I think I spent 3 or 4 hours in that rocking chair either trying to keep her asleep or sleeping there myself.  I also could NOT sleep.  I literally laid down at 10:15pm hoping to get some sleep before she woke up.  Not a chance, I tossed and turned until she woke up around 12:45am.  From then, I was in that blasted chair.  GRRR!  I was so delirious that I ended up letting her nurse at 4am instead of 6am.  I'm not sure if that will put me back another step or not.

There was one funny thing she did last night.  I laid down with her and I guess she notice the boob.  She didn't whine or cry but started maneuvering herself closer.  She even trying getting one out herself until I said something.  Then she rolled over gave me this HUGE cheesy smile and pointed to her diaper.  Haha Yea right, kiddo trying to be all sly for a sneak attack.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I remember those nights well. I'm sorry you're so tired. I will let you know it will happen. I'll have to send you the link to the post I wrote about nursing her through college. But she's weaned. ;) And she's a big girl now. Yours will be, too. Cherish the moments while you can. Bleary-eyed and all.

    p.s. Great to *meet* you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Andrea Thank you for commenting! Thank you for the words of support! It does seem to get better each day. Even though some days are better than others. I'm feeling pretty confident that I'll be able to reach my goal of weaned by her bday. I hope so.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...