Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Where Did the Time Go?

My life has revolved around my little girl.  That's normal, a first baby, of course you're going to be caring, teaching, protecting her and watching her grow.  The other day I stepped on the scale and my eyes just about jumped out of my head.  What's wrong with that number?  Is the scale broken?  That can't be how much I REALLY weigh!  Where did the time go?  Yes, yes I just had a baby and I was pretty proud that I got back to my pre-pregnancy weight.  Sadly, that is no longer the case.  SIGH!  Let's just say that I didn't feel all that different until I looked and I mean really looked.  After my little wake up call I just stripped down to my birthday suit and just looked from almost every angle.  I just don't want to be in this shape anymore.  I can't use the new baby excuse anymore since she's almost 1 1/2.

Coincidentally a old friend of mine posted about how much success she was having on her new diet.  We're talking about in the double digits in less then a month.  I did some research online and read the book and it sounds promising.  It's not all about the diet, well that's mainly it.  It's not all that different from the things you usually hear, smaller portions, cut out refined sugars, drink more water, exercise, etc.  So I didn't think it was THAT much of a stretch.

The diet is called "The 17 day diet".  It turns out the creator is from San Diego, go local, right?  So here it goes.  If I'm going to do this thing I'm going all the way.  With the hubby's ok I ordered the book and the meal plan.  Kind of like the meal plan you get with weight watchers.  I just didn't want to do something wrong by adding the wrong ingredient to my cooking and screw it up or something.  I'm going to see how the meal plan works with cycle 1.

I still have to cook for my husband and my baby though.  It's going to be tempting that's for sure.  They'll get to eat the good stuff.  Wish me luck and if all goes well then I'll be bikini ready for the summer time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...