Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Night Terrors

Have you heard about these? Baby Center describes them as "These mysterious disturbances happen during deep, non-dreaming sleep. A child in this state will cry, whimper, flail, and even bolt out of bed."  My poor little girl is going through these.  She's sleeping but screaming bloody murder.  Once I hear her cry I'm instantly awake and on the verge of swooping in.  After a minute or so I can tell that she's actually still sleeping.  It's disturbing to watch.  I don't know what she's dreaming about unless her nightmares involve Sid the Science kid or Blue's clues she's not really exposed to anything that would give her bad dreams.  Maybe she's just scared that she won't get the boob.

After a few minutes she just drops back to a deep sleep.  At least she's getting the sleep, mommy on the other hand isn't getting any with the nightly screaming.  I'm SO tired right about now.  YAWN!  Ok, time to try for a nap time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...