Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I'm a Believer!

Okay I'm going to totally gush on this post so if you ever thought about ways to save money keep on reading.  Here's my check list: I'm a stay at home mom, we just moved to a different state and we just bought a house.  All three of those things could probably tell you that we recently spend a HUGE bulk of our savings and we need to save every new penny that comes in our doors.

I save $70.44 on this trip.
The hard part? My hubby and I are admittedly impulse buyers. It doesn't matter if it's the grocery store or the mall we tend to walk home with things we weren't planning on coming home with.  It didn't matter very much before while we working but now that kind of spending is just asking for trouble.

I've always been interested in couponing. I've seen the shows and read other mom's blog and I was always amazed that they could find such great deals.  I've kept an eye on a really great blog called The Coupon Project for the past year but I was never serious about trying all the tactics.  I really tried out her tips this week and I'm AMAZED.  On average at each shopping trip I save about 50% from my bill.  My refrigerator and pantry are completely stocked with food.  I even have meats and produce too!  The best part is I'm under $80 for the grocery budget I set for this month.  So besides milk, fruit and orange juice we're good for the next month.  I love the fact that I can provide my family healthy meals, save money in the process and not have to run to the store all the time.  Her blog is really easy to follow, she provides the place, deal, coupon link, making and keeping to a budget.  I highly recommend her site if you've ever been interested.  I can't wait to see what kind of savings I'll see after I've been at this for a few months.  Are you a couponer?  What's the best deal you've gotten?

3 comments:

  1. This is awesome!! I shared this with my readers - great work & keep it up! Nice tweeting with you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Angela Thanks for stopping by! I love love love love your site. I'm so glad you wrote it in a "How to for Dummies" style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a couponer and created a coupon group in my town. I follow both The Coupon Project and Queen Bee Coupons which are great local blogs for me! You can check out some of our best deals and the great ways The Savvy Simple Savers are helping our community on our facebook page and blog.
    https://www.facebook.com/savvysimplesavers#!/savvysimplesavers
    http://savvysimplesavers.blogspot.com/
    Thank you for letting me share.
    Staci Kelcher Yelm, WA

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...