Saturday, August 6, 2011

Bike Safety

When it comes to my daughter, safety is our number one priority.  Between my hubby and I we've researched the products we buy through multiple sources and reviews to be sure that we pick the right one for our daughter.  During spring and summer there are lots of great activities you can do with your kids outdoors.  One of them I wanted to touch on, is biking.  I can't stress how important it is for your children to be safe while biking.

Ever since we bought the Bike Trailer I've been taking her out for rides as often as I can.  She's not old enough to ride her own bike so I make sure she's safe while ridding with me.  I found information at KidsHealth.org on bike safety written for all ages, adults, teens, and kids.  One sentence jumped out at me, "Every year, about 300,000 kids go to the emergency department because of bike injuries, and at least 10,000 kids have injuries that require a few days in the hospital."  I would be devastated if anything happened to her.   One last note, don't forget that your kids also learn from you.  They will be more willing to wear their helmets in and away from your view if you always model wearing your own helmets.  Have fun out there mommas and be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...