Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Biggest Mistake!

I've been writing about my adventures in weaning my almost two year old daughter from da Boob.  It's her most favorite thing ever!  She gets so excited when I whip that sucker out.  She loves it so much that she will volunteer "more boo boo peess mama" (translation - more boob please mama) without any coaching from me.  I started the process of weaning her about two weeks ago starting with the middle of the night feedings.  Things were going pretty good.  By the end of that first week I could say that she was no longer asking for the boob in the middle of the night and I was getting the best sleep since before I gave birth.

Last week I had planned to wean nursing before bedtime but I was scheduled to go to a CLEC course for 8 hours three days that week and I needed sleep.  So for two weeks I could say that the middle of the night feedings we successfully gone.  As you can guess from the title of this post I made a BIG mistake.  Friday, Saturday and Sunday night I feel asleep in Izzy's room putting her to bed.  Correction, I feel asleep while I was nursing her before bed.  That meant that she had full access to the boob most of the night for those three nights.

Which means that when I tried to get back to my no nursing policy during the night she was PISSED with a capital "P".  I felt like I never went through weaning her the past two weeks.  Monday and Tuesday night was really hard and I didn't get much sleep.  I feel like I'm back at square one.  Sigh, I'll get there again soon I hope. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh,I'm so glad I'm past the baby days...lol. I don't envy you at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck hun. I breast feed as well. My daughter is 8 months. It is her favorite thing as well! I currently don't have a set time at which I will wean her and am thinking that I'll do the 'self-wean' thing.

    I also don't know if I want to go past two years though! And if she doesn't self-wean before then I may just find myself in your same situation! :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stopping by!

    @Lisa How much older are your boys and please tell me that it does get better. :)

    @Manda-Nicole I was in the same boat as you. I never thought of when I was going to wean her. Just one day I was "SO" done. I guess it was about the same time I noticed her last tooth coming in. I don't know. She's going to be 2 next week and I haven't touched the other nursing times so we'll see. I'll be sure to blog about it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...