Sunday, July 24, 2011

Six Years After "I Do"

Yesterday my husband and I celebrated our sixth year of marriage together. If I added up all the years we have ever been a couple then we're working on our tenth year together and seventh year married. After all those years together you tend to forget the excitement you feel when you go on a date. That's especially true once you have kids.

When you have a small child your attention is always split on multiple things. The ability to leisurely holds hands or hold a conversation doesn't happen as often as you like. Yesterday we did just that. We ate at a nice restaurant down town without worrying about Izzy throwing food or yelling. We saw a movie in a theater! I haven't been to a movie theater in over two years! We walked around down town and talked. We held hands and just spent time together. It might not sound like much but for me it was everything I could have hoped for. What better way to celebrate your married life than rekindling that feeling you have for your spouse. It doesn't take much, just a date night. Here is a special "thank you" to my parents for watching Izzy on our anniversary.

Happy 6 years to my hubby! I love you!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Oh Yay! Congrats to you both! me and Hubby are on year 6 too. Hope you had a great Anniversary =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...