Monday, July 25, 2011

Three Hours Isn't Enough

Izzy has never been on a schedule. Sleeping and meals have always been on a "as needed" basis. I watch out for her cues to tell me when she was hungry or tired. Even with a relaxed "schedule" when something is late or missed everything else suffers.

Yesterday she missed her nap and it hit her around 5pm how tired she was. By 6pm she was fed and down for the night. Her normal bedtime is 8:30pm. By midnight she was wide awake and ready to face the day, err night. I wasn't able to get her back to sleep until 3am and she was up again by 6:30am. The result was that she was tired and I was exhausted.

I was too tired to make my workout and today is the first one I missed since starting. I even worked out injured on Friday to keep my schedule going. I'm definitely bummed that I stayed home and "hung" around the house all day. I'll just have to "bring it" on Wednesday with my new knee brace in tow. So a note to self, don't let her miss anymore naps.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...