Wednesday, July 20, 2011

No More Injuries Please

I'm so bummed! Today at Stroller Strides I was having a pretty good workout. I want to keep improving my cardio so I opted to jog in between each station to push myself. Toward the end of the workout there was an exercise that changed everything.

While standing next to a picnic table we side stepped on to the seat with the leg closest to the table following with the other leg and then returned to the floor. It is a pretty high step so I was careful and took the exercise slow. Around the 10th rep I hear a LOUD crack from my left knee as I'm stepping on to the bench. Initially I felt a pain in my knee which subsided after 5 minutes or so.

If I was back at work and I had to assess myself. I would say - pain 0/10, no neurovascular deficits noted, denies numbness, tingling or shooting pain, ROM (range of motion) intact, skin pink and warm to the touch, no ecchymosis (bruising) noted. States instability felt in knee joint while ambulating (walking).

Put simply the last paragraph means that everything seems normal on my left knee. Except when I'm walking the joint feels unstable as if it might give out on me. I don't think it's bad enough to go the the doctor at this point. I'll wait and see if there is any improvement or if it gets worse. Hopefully I just need to be off my knee for a few days. I'm really enjoying Stroller Strides and I love how I'm feeling. I hope it doesn't get any worse. Wish me luck that I'll be able to get back to it by Friday or the latest Monday.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...