Sunday, August 4, 2013

Large and in Charge

Okay, I'm starting to get a complex!  In the past week over eight people have commented on how BIG I am.  Really?  It wouldn't be so bad if it was one or two but almost everyone that brought up my pregnancy talked about the size of my belly.   I've heard comments like "Are you sure you're not having twins?"  "Maybe one baby is hiding behind the other one." "You're STILL working?  Aren't you like due any day now?" "Wow, you still have a few months and you're already THAT big?"  Thank you, no really thank you for all those lovely comments. (Yes, I'm being sarcastic.)

What is it about being pregnant gives random people the license to touch you, give you unsolicited advice and even comment (unflattering I might add) about your size.  Now I haven't gained much weight, I'm going into my 7th month and I've only gained 13 pounds.  By all the books that's healthy weight gain.  Also I've only gained baby, it's all in my belly.  I'm also carrying this baby like a beach ball, it's all out in front.  My first pregnancy I carried my daughter wider around my hips. Sigh.

Now, I'm not sure if it's just the comments about my size that's getting to me or that it's unsolicited advice from people I don't know.  During your pregnancy what kinds of comments did you hear?  What was the weirdest thing you heard?  The best? The most unflattering?  How many people invaded your space just to cop a feel?


4 comments:

  1. I know some comments can be really annoying. But I think you look great. The comment I hated the most was "oh you must be having a boy because you are so big" I always wondered what that meant. People will always comment I guess. Congrats on the new baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Most of the comments I shrug off but it's been almost everyone I talked to in the past week. Grrr...

      Delete
  2. I have gained 50lbs again. Sigh!! People keep telling me how small I look though, which is bizarre. I don't know if it's cuz it's a girl this time and she'll be smaller, or the weight went to different places but everyone keeps saying I look small. This has been a new one for me....I agree it seems that people will have to make a comment one way or the other no matter what is going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though you might have gained that much you after baby you don't even look like you had a baby much less on #4. I gotta tell you, I AM JEALOUS! I'm still carrying my baby weight from Izzy and I'm not looking forward to the amount of work it's going to take to loose what I gained on this one much less all the baby weight.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...