Friday, August 3, 2012

Blood is Thicker than Water

Yesterday I shared with you my Child Care Woes.  The day care we use will be closed until August 13th for a suspected mold they found in one of the rooms.  On one hand I am happy they take any concerns like this seriously and promptly.  On the other hand I have been worried that I wouldn't be able to find child care for the days I work.  Right now we do not live close to family or friends.  I work outside of the home and I'm an "acting" single mom until my hubby's ship returns.

That makes it a VERY big deal when my main source of child care closes down at a moments notice.  I don't have anything concrete right now but I wanted to share something special.  As soon as I spoke to my parents about what was going on they started searching for a flight here.  It just goes to show no matter how far apart you are or how old you become nothing is stronger than a close family bond.

I'm so thankful my parents are healthy enough and so supportive to jump on a plane at a moments notice at times like these.  Hopefully, we'll get a visit from grandma and grandpa next week.  Was there a moment when your friends or family pitched in to help you and your family out?  What about it stuck out in  your mind?  Thank you for sharing!

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome family you have! Made me smile to hear of such a great family bond :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciate them coming through to help. I'm a lot at ease now we have temporary care until daycare "supposedly" opens.
    -Ran

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...