Wednesday, August 3, 2011

What Would You Do?

Today we had potential renters come to view the house.  It was a mother and two school aged boys.  After coming through the door the boys rushed in and started playing with Izzy's toys.  As we explored the house they threw toys on the floor, jumped on her bed and kicked the ball inside almost hitting Izzy.  They never once asked permission and ignored their mother asking them to stop.  Keep in mind that I had just spent an hour before cleaning the house so it looked presentable.  Inside I was cringing at their disregard for my house and the lack of respect they showed to their mother.  I was in an odd place, unsure if I should concentrate on describing and answering questions about the house or addressing their behavior.  In the 10 minutes I observed their interaction it seemed to me as if the mother had no control over them.  What would you have done in a similar position?  Please join in on the conversation.

2 comments:

  1. I probably would have used a little humor in making a comment about their energy levels and tying that into "are they bored with checking out houses?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Chelle Thank you for stopping by and commenting on my blog. I really felt awkward about the whole thing. I was getting mad that they were messing up my clean house but I felt even worse for the mom that had no control over their behavior. It's only going to get worse with those boys.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...