Friday, August 19, 2011

Choices

This past week I've been focused on one thing.  No, that's not entirely accurate.  My focus with Izzy has been on one thing.  My goal is to wean her completely from nursing.  She is turning two the second week of September and I would like for her to no longer be nursing for any amount of time by then.  That might be an unreasonable deadline so at the very latest before we relocate to WA in October.

The amount of time a mom breastfeeds their child is completely a personal choice.  That being said, moms still get solicited and unsolicited advice as well as positive and negative comments about their choice.  I've read and heard some horror stories moms have gone through with co-workers, bosses, friends and family.  Moms have been criticized on whether or not they breastfeed, the length they do so and when and where they should be allowed to.

I bring this up because during this past week I've gotten the gamete of responses on my journey to wean through twitter, facebook, text, blog, etc.  I want to extend my gratitude to all the readers that extended their support not only for my choice to breastfeed but on my journey to wean.  What I'm surprised at is how some of the readers were down right scornful that I breastfed as long as I did.

Let me remind you that this is a personal blog about my tales as a mom and it reflects my personal choices.  Besides, if there was a zombie Armageddon, my family's survivability would be higher since I'm able to whip out a boob to feed my kid.  Thank you and GOOD NIGHT!

5 comments:

  1. Agreed. The choice is yours and yours alone. Well said! And the Armageddon comment made me chuckle! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Andrea Thank you! I still think that's one of the best/funniest reasons to breastfeed. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Love it - it's true, you could live in a bunker, in a cave, in a box...anywhere and still have milk...well, for a little while longer anyway ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said... Do what you feel is right, only you can know what is best for you and your bitty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @greenkidsguide At least for a little longer if I had to. I'm proud that I've been able to do it as long as I have.

    @Stacy We're moms, hear us roar! MEOW!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...