Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Izzy's B-Day Part 1

This past weekend has been a little crazy.  Our little girl turned TWO on Saturday and planning her birthday party was a mixture of joy and stress.  I didn't want the craziness of her first birthday to become a recurring theme but I also wanted her to feel like it was a special day.  Last year we held it at our home in Santee with over 40 guests.  It was extremely hot and we didn't have enough room for seating.  It's just felt crowded and rushed.

So this year I asked my mom if I could borrow the use of her house.  My BIL is here visiting and he took over the BBQ for chicken, ribs and tri-tip.  He is an excellent cook and through the years I've asked him how to make a few dishes.  My dish, chicken adobo I learned how to make it from him.

We were running late to get the preparations under way.  Izzy fell asleep on the ride to my mom's and I wanted to keep her asleep so she wouldn't be cranky during the party.  Between the transfer and my parent's dog she woke up prematurely and upset for the interruption.  Luckily, the house was clean and I just needed to decorate, put the treat bags together and cook the adobo.  Our guests didn't arrive until almost an hour after the invitation so we were good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...