Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Relocating

We're relocating to WA state in a little over a month.  I'm excited and a little apprehensive about the move.  I've come to love our current home and will miss it.  I'm not looking forward to the packing, unpacking and decorating to make our next house a home like this one was.  With each move there is an ENORMOUS job of sorting through the "junk" we've accumulated and identifying the pieces we will need for the new house.  I hope this will be the last relocation and WA state will be our permanent place to live.

I've already started sorting the pieces of furniture we're not bringing.  The bed in the guest room is over 7 years old so that definitely has to go.  My hubby got it while he was stationed in England and it's an unusual piece.  I was lucky enough to find a replacement queen storage bed.   I really like the South Shore Breakwater Queen Bookcase Storage Bed in Chocolate Finish and it helps that it's 27% off right now.

I also found a great accent chair through become.com for the spare room.  It's a Knoll Bertoia Side Chair, it's made of chrome with your choice of color for the seating pillow and the frame.  I'll probably choose red for a pop of color.  Fortunately, those are the only pieces of furniture we need to replace. After going through become.com, I also found a 5Pcs Twin XL Bedding Multi Dots Microfiber Comforter Set that would go great with Izzy's room.  The move will give me the perfect opportunity to redecorate her room which I wrote about here.

A special thank you to www.become.com for supporting Mama Tales.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...