Monday, February 7, 2011

Pampered Chef Food Chopper

I just want to share with all the moms out there a little gadget that's made my life so much easier these past few days. My daughter is a picky eater. It's gotten a bit worse this past month when some of the tried and true favorites no longer get a second glance. On top of that she is a carb-loader. She's gladly take handfuls of rice, pasta or bread but not much of anything else. The problem with that? It just adds to a problem with constipation. I've tried introducing different types of meats, poultry or fish with no success. Our pediatrician says it has something to do with the texture of cooked meat that kids this age just don't like.

I just started using a food chopper by The Pampered Chef. Can we say miracle!


This little life saver chops meat and vegetables into small enough pieces that I can mix it in with a scoop of rice and she doesn't even know she's getting a little bit extra. I've been able to get spinach, brussel sprouts, and asparagus into her little tummy. For an added effort of camouflage I add a few drops of Maggi. So if you're little one tends to turn up his or her nose to your best efforts for a nutritious meal then try to sneak them in. I've also started slow cooking either chicken or meat bones into a broth that I'll either add to her meal or let her sip. I'm not an expert by any means, just another mom experimenting with her fussy eater. One success is a baby smoothie I concocted to get more fruits, dairy and vitamins in her. She drinks a good amount of it whenever I make it. One ingredient that might seem odd is avocado slices. The Avocado website lists all the great things about them here, but the one I was interested in is "Avocados provide nearly 20 essential nutrients, including fiber, potassium, Vitamin E, B-vitamins and folic acid."




Baby Smoothies
1 cup of berries (raspberries, blueberries or blackberries)
1/2 cup yogurt
1 cup soy milk
2 slices of avocado
1 tbsp Benifiber (pediatrician suggestion for constipation)


There is some great information on feeding toddlers from the Baby Center website. If your baby is also a carbo-loader check out this article, Picky Eaters: The Carbo Loader by Sarah Henry. There's a lot of great information for moms that are pregnant, trying to get pregnant and raising infants to school-age children. Where do you find your information to helpful hints?

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite Pampered Chef products ever!!! They last forever, although I'm on my second one cause Hubby melted the cover of my first one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...