Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Meal Time Success

Okay, I'm been MIA from my blog. I hope it isn't a case of outta site outta mind with those of you and are following me. I have an excuse though, really. My family has been living out of our suitcases for the past month while we were taking a road trip to our new home. It was a long road trip with stops at both of our families.

But that's besides the point. I'm back and I had the best mommy moment that I want to share with you. My 2 year old is a picky eater. I know, NOT big news since most are picky eaters. Today for lunch I made chicken adobo, which is slow cooked chicken drummetts with soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, and pepper. The chicken is cooked until it falls off the bone. I mixed her dish is a little bit of rice and from the moment I put it in front of her she got down to business. She ATE and I mean really ate without any pleading, negotiating, yelling or anything on my part. By the time I sat down with my own bowl she was more than 1/2 way done with hers. How awesome is that! It gets EVEN better. After some milk to top it off she went down for her nap in less then 5 minutes.

Hello I'm doing the happy dance over here! What's better than seeing your child love your cooking. Do you have a great mommy moment you'd like to share?

1 comment:

  1. Ah, the very first time I saw my son walked up to another child at the park and said "do you want to play with me?".. he has Asperger's so this was big big big!! : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...