Sunday, August 21, 2011

Hubby Dropped the Ball

When I started my journey to wean Izzy a week ago I was anticipating less sleep than I was getting.  The first few days wasn't too bad.  I was seeing progress so I was more than willing to go through the day more on the tired side as long as I kept seeing improvements.  By the fifth night I the lack of sleep was getting to me.  Even though Izzy was able to get some sleep I wasn't from spending most of my night in That Blasted Chair.  I was irritated and some (okay most) of the frustration was pointed right at the hubby.  I took on 99.999999% of child care since Izzy was born.  That includes the time I was still working 12 hours night shifts and than I had to care for her in the morning when I got home.

Hubby helps but very inconsistently.  That alone wouldn't be so bad if he didn't also say "WE have to do this" or "WE should do that" when he really means I will be the one doing it.  Thursday night he promised me that he would put her to bed and get up with her in the middle of the night Friday and Saturday night so I could sleep.  Yeah, never happened!  Too bad there isn't a "whack da poppa" boot.  I should invent one for mommies to use when their hubbies are being butt heads.  Haha...  I'd be RICH!  So he says he'll help next week when I start to wean her from nursing at bedtime.  Anyone wanna bet that he won't help?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...