The San Diego Botanic Garden features desert landscapes, a tropical rain forest, Mediterranean landscapes, an herb garden, fruit garden and more all on 37 acres. There is admission: adults $12, seniors, students and military $8, children 3-12 $6 and parking is $2. We headed straight for the Hamilton Children's Garden. The website says it's the largest interactive children's garden on the West Coast. Armed with high expectations we hiked with the strollers and the kiddos.
|From SDBG's website|
- Every Friday from 2-4pm is Science Friday with insects, plants and birds to observe.
- Saturday Slugs from 11-12:30pm.
- First Saturday: Math/Science
- Come and learn about the plants and wildlife in our garden.
- Second Saturday: Storytelling
- There will be stories to listen to under the shade structure at the upper level.
- Third Saturday: Gardening
- Come and help in the garden with weeding, planting, or harvesting worm castings to feed the plants.
- Fourth Saturday: Art
- Express yourself with paint, clay, or help create a mural for our art garden.