Friday, January 21, 2011

Stay-At-Home-Mom

After my maternity leave was over and I had to go back to work things just didn't flow.  I switched to night shift, got even less sleep with the new working hours, got hurt on the job and lost out on baby time. I was miserable at work for more reasons than I'm going to go into.  An opportunity presented itself to stop working, become a stay-at-home-mom while I go back for the BSN.  I jumped at the chance.  I loved being with my baby girl and witnessing all her "firsts", gaining confidence, and becoming a social butterfly.  I wouldn't have traded this time with her for anything.

That said, I'm starting to get stir crazy. It could be the monotony of the day or it could be the desire to "get back out there".  Whatever it is, I want to go back to work again.  I just don't want to go back to what I was doing.  The problem is switching departments in this economy is proving to be rather difficult.  My dream job would be in the mother/baby area. It would be even better if I could get some experience under my belt here before we moved.  It feels like time is running out to look for something here to make it worth while.  Ugh...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...