Saturday, October 1, 2011

Saying Goodbye

It's done!  Everything in our home for the past three years has been packed away in boxes and they're ready for the movers on Monday.  We've been planning this move for almost a year.  It hasn't been smooth or easy or fun, instead this time has been one of the most stressful things I've had to go through in awhile.  With the other moves it was only the two of us.  I didn't have to think of pediatricians, playgroups, day cares, preschools, jobs with reasonable driving distances or any of the other millions things our family needs.

Standing all by herself - June 10, 2010
I feel relived that moving day is finally here but I'm also sad.  This was the first house we've bought together.  The first house we experienced the joy of learning that we were going to be parents.  The first house we brought our child home to.  The first and only house our child knows as her home.  I have fond memories of designing and decorating the baby's room, of waking up one morning to see her stand up in her crib for the first time, learning how to take her first steps, and then running down the hallway.  I will always miss this house and the memories we made with here as a family.

That being said, I'm excited to start our next chapter.  I expect some bumps while we're still settling in and finding new friends.  But I have high hopes that we'll love it there and make this a permanent move.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...