Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Giving

This morning as I was stopping to get gas a girl came up to me and asked if I had some money to spare for gas.  She had to be either in her late teens or early twenties.  She told me that her and her friends ran out of gas and were stranded.  She came up to me after I witnessed her talk to at least four other people pumping gas.  From what I saw she wasn't lucky from everyone else she asked.

I remember what it was like at that age.  GAWD did I just say that?  I sounded so old.  Hah!  I do remember what it was like to wanted to go out and have no money for gas.  I looked through the couch cushions for spare change for gas.  Everyone is hard up for money these days but NO ONE could spare a dollar so some teenagers could get some gas?  I think that is just sad that these days giving to someone in need is so rare.  It wasn't as though I had to worry that she would run out and buy drugs or alcohol with it.  I clearly saw her friends sitting in the car, stuck.  Feeling pretty good, did my good deal for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...