Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

So how did you spend the one day of the year set aside to celebrate motherhood?  Mani/pedi? Spa day? Restaurant? Did you celebrate?

I didn't celebrate by taking the day off from being a mommy.  I did laundry.  I washed the dishes. I played make over and house with my daughter. I also cuddled and played with my son.  Just a typical day in my house. My hubby is out again for work so we'll celebrate when he gets home.

What I did get was a hug and kisses from my little girl as she whispered "happy mother's day". That was of course, after practicing it to Lola's answering machine.  It still made me tear up a little bit and vow to play with her more, listen to her more and love her always.

How do you view mother's day?  Is it a day off?  A day to get a gift?  I see it as day to remember all the sacrifices and pain I went through bringing my children until this world.  It's also a day I review the kind of mother I've been.  I think what can I improve what and I have I been doing right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...